You will need to have a foundation in information technology. This is not a program to train people for entry-level positions in information technology. As part of the application, you will answer questions that will indicate readiness for the program. Typically, but not in all cases, you may be ready for this program if you have an Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Programming, Engineering, IT-Networking or Software Development and/or you have 1-2 years of experience in an IT entry-level job such as Systems, Database, Web, Network, Security or Exchange Administrator; IT Technician; Web Developer, Network Engineer or Computer Software Engineer.
Yes, this online certificate program is designed by working cybersecurity professionals for working adults exploring career advancement in the cybersecurity field. This accelerated technology learning program is 100% online, including hands-on immersive virtual labs. It is not a self-paced program. Instructors, many of whom helped create the curriculum, teach in the program. You can access the program 24/7, allowing you to balance work with learning. The certificate you earn will list the competencies/technical skills taught in the program.
Graduates of the Cybersecurity Analysis Certificate Program may earn credit toward a college degree. The certificate may be applicable toward a degree program at the partner college or university or another institution according to their transfer credit or prior learning policies. The certificate gives you versatility in meeting education and skills requirements of jobs.
Courses incorporate industry feedback covering concepts applicable to certifications such as the CompTIA Security+ and CySA+ and include practice exams as part of the program.
The Cybersecurity Analysis Certificate Program is an in-depth, accelerated technology learning program covered over a 24-week period (six months).
This accelerated technology learning program is 100% online integrating theory with hands-on immersive virtual lab experiences.
The tuition for the Cybersecurity Analysis Certificate Program will vary by college or university partner. There are several payment options available including variable discounts for cash as well as third-party financing. Colleges and universities are partnered with one or more third-party lenders and we encourage you to explore all financing options available. There is a $1,000 non-refundable deposit that is applied to tuition. Contact us to learn more about group rates for companies sponsoring multiple team members and customized solutions, email@example.com.
No. All program costs, which are tuition, fees, books, student support services, and virtual lab access, are included in the tuition.
You may receive a refund, however a refund is not guaranteed. For more information, please see the tuition, payment and refund policy for the partner college or university offering your program of interest.
Admission to the accelerated technology learning program is competitive based on demonstrating the necessary prerequisite qualifications. We encourage you to apply. Also, we’re excited to help you with questions about the admission process. Reach out to an admissions advisor who can help with your questions by calling 877-611-3030 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have technical questions, a subject matter expert may need to answer those questions if they’re beyond the scope of the admissions advisor. The admissions advisor will be sure to follow up with the subject matter expert and you on your technical questions.
To participate in your classes in the online classroom, which is known as the Learning Management System, or LMS, you will need to have a Window’s-based desktop computer or a laptop. A Microsoft Surface tablet running full Windows will work as well. While Macs are not supported, they can work in the LMS if using Chrome. Please note, iPads, Android tablets and Smart Phones will not work within the LMS environment. Class assignments may require the use of Word, PowerPoint and/or Excel; therefore, your computer will need to run these Office applications as needed. You can download free student versions of these programs from Microsoft. To do the virtual labs, you need a browser. No networking gear, infrastructure, and/or other software is needed.
When you complete the program according to the program completion parameters, you will earn a certificate from the partner college or university, which is a regionally accredited, non-profit institution. Additionally, the certificate you earn will list the competencies/technical skills taught in the program. You may earn credit toward a college degree from the partner university according to their transfer credit or prior learning credit policies. The certificate gives you versatility in meeting education and skills requirements of jobs.
Cybersecurity Program graduates are equipped with cybersecurity analysis skills applicable to a variety of roles. Common employer job titles may be:
- Security Analyst
- Threat Intel Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Information Technology Security Analyst
- Information Security Manager
- Information Technology Auditor
- Cybersecurity Analyst
Yes. The University’s career center staff provides career planning support, which has been an impactful part of the University’s student experience since its inception. Resources available to you include resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, social media profile advising, and acting as your accountability partner in your job search. If you plan to advance in your company, the career center can help you craft your case for a promotion to present to your supervisor.
- A recent study by EdSurge, a leading education news organization, showed that our accelerated technology learning program is unlike others. EdSurge’s research found that only 5% of all bootcamps are affiliated with universities, only 15% are available completely online and only 2% address IT or security. Our program does all three.
- We consulted with employers when designing the program. They knew of bootcamps that prepared people for entry-level IT careers, but they told us they need an accelerated cybersecurity program that helps IT professionals gain skills targeting mid-level positions.
- Employers and working IT professionals like the 100% online program, including our hands-on immersive virtual labs, because you can continue to make a difference at work while moving your career forward by gaining new skills.
- You will learn from industry professionals working in the cybersecurity field, many of whom helped design the program. They are instructors in the program. You can glean knowledge from their experiences while also having access to their individual strengths in solving complex issues within the cybersecurity space.
- Graduates of the Cybersecurity Analysis Certificate Program may earn credit toward a college degree. The certificate may be applicable toward a degree program at the partner college or university or another institution according to their transfer credit or prior learning policies. The certificate gives team members versatility in meeting education and skills requirements of jobs.
- Student success is important to us, that’s why we talked to employers and leveraged industry professionals to create the curriculum that meets the needs of employers and working IT professionals.